Cheese is a dairy product which is usually produced in a wide range of flavors and textures. The styles, textures, and flavors of cheese mainly depend on the origin of the milk. Cheese is valued mostly for its long shelf life, and high content of fat, protein, calcium, and phosphorus. If you consume cheese in your daily life, then you will love to know some fun facts about cheese.
Cheese usually has a longer shelf life than milk and it is more compact. Approximately, more than a thousand types of cheese exist and are currently produced in various countries in our world. Here are 15 amazing facts about cheese that will blow your mind.
1. Pizza Hut Is One Of The Biggest Consumers Of Cheese
Pizza Hut is one of the biggest consumers of cheese in the world. The company uses more than 300 million pounds of cheese annually.
2. There Are 2000 Varieties Of Cheese
There are around 2000 varieties of cheese available worldwide.
3. US Is The Largest Producer Of Cheese
The United States of America is the largest producer of cheese in the world.
4. 10 Pounds Of Milk Will Produce One Pound Of Cheese
To make one pound of cheese, about 10 pounds of milk are required.
5. Cheese Has Been Discovered Accidentally
According to some ancient theories, cheese may have been discovered accidentally by the practice of storing milk in containers that were made from the stomachs of certain animals.
6. 20 Million Metric Tons Of Cheese Are Produced Every Year
More than 20 million metric tons of cheese are produced worldwide per year.
7. Pule Cheese Is The Most Expensive Cheese
The rarest and most expensive cheese in the world, which is known as Pule cheese, is made from the milk of Balkan donkeys.
8. Greeks Are The Largest Per Capita Consumers Of Cheese
One of the amazing facts about cheese is that Greeks are considered the largest per capita consumers of cheese in the world. They each eat an average of 27.3 kg of cheese per year.
9. Cheese Is The Most Commonly Stolen Food
According to statistics, cheese is the most commonly stolen food in the world. It has been found that almost 4 percent of all cheese produced in a year ends up stolen from retail store shelves.
10. Each Person In The US Consumes 34 Pounds Of Cheese
In the United States, on average, each person consumes about 34 pounds of cheese every year.
11. Cheese Strengthens Teeth And Bones
Cheese is one of the best foods for your healthy teeth. It has high levels of phosphate and calcium, which naturally strengthen teeth and bones.
12. Who Loves Cheese?
Someone who loves cheese is called a turophile.
13. Cheese Can Be Made From Any Animal Milk
READ ALSO: 12 Fun Facts About Goats
14. Wisconsin Has A Lot Of Cheesemakers
Approximately 90 percent of the milk produced in Wisconsin is used in cheesemaking. Wisconsin has 1,290 licensed cheesemakers, which is more than any other state in the United States.
15. Every People In France Consumes 57 Pounds Of Cheese
On average, each French citizen consumes about 57 pounds of cheese per year.
These are 15 fun facts about cheese.
FAQ: 15 Fun Facts About Cheese
A lot of people consume cheese in their daily life, so they have many questions about it. Here I have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about cheese.
Q1. Who Is The Largest Producer Of Cheese In The World?
Ans: The United States of America is the largest cheese producer in the world.
Q2. How Many Pounds Of Milk Does It Take To Make 1 Pound Of Cheese?
Ans: It takes about 10 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of cheese.
Q3. Is Cheese Healthy For Your Teeth?
Ans: Cheese has high levels of phosphate and calcium, because of that, cheese is one of the best foods for your healthy teeth and it naturally strengthens teeth and bones.
Q4. Can You Make Cheese From Any Animal’s Milk?
Ans: Cheese can be made from almost any animal milk. However, the most commonly used milk is cow, goat, and sheep milk.
READ ALSO: 25 Fun Facts About Water
- 10 Fun And Interesting Facts About Oranges You Must Know - September 14, 2022
- 10 Interesting Facts About Aluminum That You Might Not Know - August 24, 2022
- 10 Fun Facts About Smiling That Will Make You Smile - August 14, 2022